Parents Code of Conduct
I hereby pledge to live up to my membership in the Owasso Soccer Club by following the OSC Parents’ Code of Conduct.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every game, practice or other youth sports event.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of any personal desire to win.
- I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will provide support for coaches, officials and club officers working with my child to provide a positive, enjoyable experience for all.
- I promise I will never argue with or complain about referees’ calls or decisions.
- I will refrain from actions that will detract from the enjoyment of the game for either the children playing or those watching.
- I will support a sports environment for my child’s team that is free of illegal drugs, alcohol, profanity, abusive language and conduct which could be deemed offensive, and I will refrain from their use at all practices and games.
- I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child, as well as for all children participating in youth soccer.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
- I will provide positive reinforcement as the best way to help my child achieve his or her goals and overcome his or her natural fear of failure.
- I will leave any sideline coaching to the coach while attending games and practices.
- I know we do not have a paid facilities staff. I will encourage everyone to use these facilities properly and to keep fields clean and free from litter.
- I will encourage my child’s coach to be a trained youth sports coach and to abide by the Coaches’ Code of Conduct.
- I will remember that the game is for the children and not for me.
- I will abide by the decisions of the Owasso Soccer Club Disciplinary Committee.
- I understand that if I do not comply with the Code of Conduct, I may be asked to leave the facility or be banned from the facility if deemed necessary by the OSC Disciplinary committee.